Welcome to BlackRock’s Online Classes! Our Teaching Artists will be using a Zoom account to bring you this fall's arts education programming. We would like to remind parents and guardians that students will be on a live video conference that may be recorded. Please read through the following guidelines so we can maintain a safe experience for all students.
- You will be sent a link to join the Zoom class. You will NOT need to set up a Zoom account or input any information except for the student’s first name and last initial. Please go to www.zoom.us for more information about the system.
- The class session will be live and interactive. Please make sure your student is in a quiet place where you can monitor the class session. Please remember that everything within the camera viewing area will be visible to the teacher and other students.
- Sounds and voices can be captured by your computer’s microphone and heard by others in the Zoom session. Teachers will mute students for portions of the session but may unmute students during discussions or to hear questions.
- Other students may hear and see anything within the audio and camera viewing areas. Please make all household members aware of this and consider turning the computer monitor toward a wall to help control the area.
Please review our Student Code of Conduct and discuss responsible and appropriate behavioral expectations so that everyone can have a safe and fun learning experience.
- Sharing Zoom meeting links and passwords is strictly prohibited.
- Personally recording any BlackRock class session is prohibited.
- Only registered students are permitted to watch/participate in the sessions.
- Monitor any background activity in the student’s camera viewing field that may become visible to the teacher and other students.
- Student user names should not be inappropriate, offensive, or vulgar in nature and must include clearly identifiable information about the registered student, such as first and/or last name.
- Background images may be used, if desired, but cannot be inappropriate, offensive, or vulgar in nature and must not pose as a distraction to others in class. Teachers reserve the right to disable a participant’s video, if deemed necessary.
- Zoom chats unrelated to the lesson are distracting to both the teacher and class, therefore use the Zoom chat feature only for texts relating to the lesson. Teachers reserve the right to disable all chat functionality, if deemed necessary.
Face to Face Programs
A $10 non-refundable fee will serve as a class reservation fee. The remaining tuition fee will be charged following the first face to face session. Once the class has started, all sales are final and not refundable or transferable. A make-up session will be offered in the event an instructor needs to cancel a class. If a class or classes cannot be held due to the building’s closure by the State of Maryland in response to COVID-19, BlackRock can offer a pro-rated credit toward future class or camp tuition—no refunds will be issued.
If your account has a credit, you may apply it toward a Back@BlackRock Face to Face Program.
Welcome to back to BlackRock Arts Education! Please read through the following guidelines so we can maintain a safe experience for all participants.
- BlackRock is closely adhering to social distancing guidelines and maximum participants identified in each teaching space.
- Students and staff are required to wear masks.
- Students will undergo temperature checks by BlackRock Staff and submit a COVID-19 Waiver before each class.
- Students should not bring guests or parents or guardians with them to class.
- Students will be informed of their designated entry door and exit door before each class.
REQUIRED TO COMPLETE BEFORE EVERY CLASS
BlackRock reserves the right to use photographs and video taken in class and/or their work for the purpose of instruction, and/or advertising and promotion of BlackRock and its programs, including social media. Participants will not receive compensation of any kind for use of these images. Participants release and hold harmless BlackRock Center for the Arts, its officers, and employees from any claims. If you do not agree you must notify the Director of Education in writing prior to registration.