Summer Class Registration Now on Sale!
Summer Camps on Sale!
Education Recital Info and Tickets
Showcase #1 – 11AM – Becci Kimm’s Young Artist Ballet Classes
Showcase #2 – 12PM – Becci Kimm’s Young Artist Ballet Classes
Showcase #3 – 1:30PM – Natalia Vladimirova’s Violin Classes
Showcase #4 – 3PM – Robert Shann, Paul Buehler, and Al Hart’s Piano Classes
Showcase #5 – 4PM – William Chang’s Piano Classes
Showcase #6 – 5PM – Barbara Kober’s Piano Classes
Showcase #7 – 6:15PM – Maria Shorb’s Ballet Classes
With enthusiastic, dedicated teaching artists, BlackRock is committed to making the arts truly lively and accessible to people living in the communities of Upper Montgomery County. Our beautiful facility, right in the heart of Germantown Town Center, offers classes in dance, music, visual art, and theater & drama for all ages.
Members of BlackRock get to enjoy great benefits such as discounts on classes. By joining at the Fan level, you can save $15 per class per student, plus the multitude of other benefits members at this level receive. Not a member? Join today and save!
As we head into the winter months, please review our inclement weather policy for classes.
Visit our Information and Policies page for a full listing of important dates, to view registration policies, and to learn more about scholarships or payment plans.
BlackRock Education Updates
Early Registration Deadline for Summer Classes is Tuesday, June 13th 2017. Register now to save!
New Adult Classes Now on Sale!
This season we are offering a wide variety of classes in music, dance, theater, and visual arts specifically for adults. These classes include African Dance and Drumming, BollyBlast: Bollywood Fitness, Hip Hop Dance for Adults, Improv for Adults, Fiddle for Violinists, Traditional Music Jam, Beginning and Intermediate Guitar, Using Theater Skills as Professional Development, Intro to Acting on Camera, Pop Art, Russian Tea, Painting with Oil and Acrylic, Relief Sculpting, and more! Click here for class information.
If you are not sure whether or not you want to sign up for a seasonal or conservatory class and want to try the class out first, you or your student can attend the first meeting of select classes for a fee of $25.
Please read these policies carefully:
- If you are interested in auditing a class, please call us at 301-528-2260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and course number of the class you wish to audit along with your personal contact information.
- Not all classes are available for audit and some classes have a highly limited number of audit spots available. We encourage you to make your audit request as soon as possible.
- You may audit more than one first session of a class, but you must pay the $25 fee for each class you audit.
- The fee of $25 covers all expenses to attend the first meeting of your selected class and this fee is non-refundable in all cases.
- You may not request an audit spot for any piano class until 2 weeks prior to the first meeting of that piano class.
- Spots in classes and audit spots are limited, we encourage you to sign up for the full class as soon as possible to secure your enrollment.
BlackRock is in Local Schools
Did you know BlackRock offers art, dance and theater classes at area schools? If your student attends Whetstone or Watkins Mill Elementary Schools or Montgomery Village or Forest Oak Middle Schools, check out the programs BlackRock offers as part of afterschool programming and the Excel Beyond the Bell program. Don’t see your school? Email email@example.com to find out how to bring a BlackRock class to your school!
BlackRock Makes Sure the arts are available to everyone
Scholarships: A limited number of partial scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need. Applications can be found here. For more information visit our Scholarships Page. Summer class scholarship applications are due on Friday, June 2nd 2017.
Customized Payment Plans Available! For more information, visit the payment plans page. Payment Plans
Senior Discounts, Seniors 62 and over, will receive a 10% discount on all classes at the time of registration. Exceptions apply.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301.528.2260.