The Upcounty Hub Anniversary Celebration
Time & Location
About the Event
You are invited to our Upcounty Hub at BlackRock One Year Anniversary Virtual Celebration on Friday, April 23 at 6 PM EDT, hosted by emcee, Lauren DeMarco, Fox 5 DC News. Join us in recognizing our past, celebrating our today, and securing our future.
The Celebration can now be viewed for free on FaceBook live. Donation-based tickets are still available. The event will be posted on our website following the event for those not available to join us virtually on Friday evening.
Note: To purchase tickets, you will be prompted to create a free log-in for the BlackRock website. You can connect through Facebook, Gmail, or create a new account. Please note that your information will not be shared with any third parties.
Chris Urquiaga (aka, JChris)
Upon arriving at our virtual theater, you will be entertained by singer, songwriter, pianist, and producer, Chris Urquiaga. Chris, also known as JChris, is lauded for his exciting performance energy and smooth voice. Hailed as “…the next big thing” by Metro Weekly, this Latin pop virtuoso is internationally recognized for his pop compositions, which are laced with R&B melodies and Latin rhythms.
Voices of Classic Soul
Guests will be treated to a performance by Voices of Classic Soul. You will recognize the music immediately as the songs come from four of the world’s most renowned vocal groups—The Temptations, The Four Tops, The Platters, and The Drifters. Sing along with Theo Peoples, Joe Coleman, and Joe Blunt, as they provide music magic through their Motown hits.
Please join us and our distinguished guest speakers as they highlight the important work done and being done by The Upcounty Hub at BlackRock.
* Lynn Andreas Arndt, BlackRock Center for the Arts Chief Executive Officer
* Grace Oven-Rivera, The Upcounty Consolidation Hub Co-Founder, BlackRock Board Member
* David Blair, Council for Advocacy and Policy Solutions (CAPS), Founder and Chairman
* Crystal Carr Townsend, Healthcare Initiative Foundation, President
* Marko Rivera-Oven, The Upcounty Consolidation Hub Senior Program Coordinator
* Kristina Smith, The Upcounty Consolidation Hub Program Coordinator
* Sheryl Israel Bloch, KindWorks Food Security Chair
* Cathy Bernard, The Bernard Family Foundation Founder, The Upcounty Consolidation Hub Donor & Volunteer
* Mark Elrich, Montgomery County, Maryland, County Executive
* Gabe Albornoz, Montgomery County Councilmember
* Gabe Acevero, Maryland House of Delegates District 39 Representative
* David Fraser-Hidalgo, Maryland House of Delegates District 15 Representative
Thank you to our event sponsors for your ongoing commitment to the physical, emotional, and social health of our community.
HUB CHAMPIONS ($10,000+)
* David and Mikel Blair Family Foundation
* The Bernard Family Foundation
HUB PARTNER ($5,000 - $9,999)
* The Meakem Group
HUB HERO ($1,000 - $4,999)
* Therrien Waddell Construction
* Mike Redmond of Third Act Images
* Fitzgerald Auto Mall
FRIEND OF THE HUB ($500 - $999)
* Omar Lazo of Los Chorros Restaurant
In addition, thanks to the great generosity of The Alden-Wright Foundation, BlackRock is pleased to share a series of video interviews throughout the evening. These videos were produced by Frank Maniglia and Anne Mathis of Maniglia Media.
To support and sustain the life-saving services offered through The Upcounty Hub, become an event sponsor by clicking here.
ABOUT THE HUB
The Upcounty Hub at BlackRock started at this time last year serving a modest 25 families. Today, that same Hub has grown to provide much-needed food and essentials to approximately 1,000 families… every single week. Not only that but we also provide
· COVID-19 Care Kits
· Hygiene Kits
· Activity Kits for Children
· Special Distributions (School Supplies, Holiday Meals & Gifts, Easter Baskets)
· COVID-19 Testing
· Access to Support Services through MOCO DHHS Case Management
Through individual contributions, partnerships with over 20 organizations, and an outpouring of community engagement, we have created something special, life-saving, and critical. As always, thank you for all of your support!
- Donation-Based Ticket$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0