BlackRock COVID-19 Protocols
You will notice a number of changes at BlackRock the next time you visit for a class or performance. These improvements have been made to reduce the possibility of COVID-19 exposure for anyone visiting our building and to help ensure that BlackRock is a safe space for our all of our visitors:
- All guests will have their temperatures taken upon arrival at BlackRock and will be required to fill out our COVID-19 Waiver.
- BlackRock’s housekeeping staff use cleaning products recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and has been trained in methods for properly sanitizing all areas of our building.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the building, especially near all “high touch” locations.
- Socially-distanced and, in some instances, hands-free procedures are in place to allow guests to access theaters, studios, and restrooms as safely as possible.
- Entrance and exit plans will be communicated to students, teachers, and performers prior to entering and leaving BlackRock in order to ensure a safe flow of traffic.
Code of Conduct
- Protective face masks are always required inside BlackRock and outside at BlackRock event when not seated.
- Follow entrance, seating and exiting instructions and markers.
- Watch for floor markers to help maintain 6-foot spacing in the lobby, lines, and public spaces.
- If you do not feel well, or have COVID-19 symptoms or exposure, please stay home.
Anyone who does not comply will be asked to leave BlackRock. Purchase of tickets or payment of class tuition acknowledges consent to this Code of Conduct.
Our staff and volunteers:
- Have been trained on all strategies and policies.
- Will always wear masks.
- Will work with visitors to maintain social distancing in all spaces.
- Will be temperature screened before entering BlackRock and not allowed to enter with an elevated temperature.
New equipment and protocols we have added to improve safety:
Touch-free payments and ticket scanning.
- Added touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout our building.
- Added signage and social distance floor markers at all queueing locations, including the main lobby, elevator, concessions, restrooms, and administrative offices.
- Frequent cleaning of all high touch surfaces.
- Acrylic guards are in place at our front desk and check-in locations.
- Concessions will be limited to drinks and packaged items.
- Restroom occupancy restrictions (the use of the rest room will depend on event/class/performance)
- Elevator occupancy is limited to one person at a time.
- Seating for performances and rentals will be assigned for social distancing requirements.
Backstage, here is what we are doing:
BlackRock works with arts organizations and individual performers to create an environment that creates space and mitigates risk before, during and after performances. Except for onstage performances and rehearsals, artists, crew, and staff will be required to wear masks.
Visiting BlackRock FAQs
Questions about planning your visit to BlackRock Center for the Arts?
Contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting BlackRock Center for the Arts, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
BlackRock Center for the Arts is conveniently located in the Germantown Town Center, in the heart of Germantown, next to the Montgomery County Public Library, near the intersection of Middlebrook Rd. and Route 118 (Germantown Rd.). Ample free parking is available behind the building.
From 270, take exit 15 toward Germantown on Germantown Road. Take a right on Crystal Rock Terrace, then left on Century Blvd. Go four blocks and BlackRock will be on your right. Turn right on Town Commons Drive and park in the lot behind our building.
Ride Metrorail to Shady Grove Station (Red Line) and transfer to Ride On Bus Route 100 (15-minute Express Bus Service from Metro Shady Grove Station to the Germantown Transit Center [GTC] on Aircraft Drive). From GTC, walk four blocks following Century Boulevard to our front door, or transfer to Ride On Bus Route 97 which stops in front of BlackRock. Check schedules by calling 240-777-7433 or visiting: www.rideonbus.com and www.metroopensdoors.com.