Sports Meets the Arts
Indoor and Outdoor Summer Camp
BlackRock and the Maryland SoccerPlex have partnered again to bring you a half-day, outdoor, sports and arts camp. Campers get the chance to spend the mornings playing various sports, like soccer, dodgeball, kickball, basketball, flag football and much more; then experience Visual Arts classes during the afternoon sessions. The Sports Meets the Arts Camp at the Maryland SoccerPlex will follow CDC guidelines for COVID-19.
We wanted to send an update about the exciting news that we are able to host the afternoon art session with BlackRock inside our main building, the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse. The morning session with the Fun for All Camp will remain outdoors and the art afternoon session will be held inside our Grand Room. We are continuing to take precautions to ensure that we can provide a safe space for your child(ren) to learn & play this summer!
The Maryland SoccerPlex hosts the afternoon art session inside its main building, the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse. The morning session with the Fun for All Camp will remain outdoors and the art afternoon session will be held inside our Grand Room. The Maryland SoccerPlex continues to take precautions to ensure that they provide a safe space for your child(ren) to learn and play this summer!
What does it mean when we say we are moving afternoon art indoors?
1. 10 camper max/week
2. Campers will be given their own set-up (6 ft table/camper) so that they are practicing safe social distancing
3. All campers & staff are required to wear their mask while indoors
4. Ability for campers to create artwork without being interrupted by weather
5. Campers will be able to relax in the air-conditioned building after being out in the sun all morning
6. Staff will continue to sanitize all equipment/supplies after each use