- Year-Round Teaching Artists (All arts disciplines)
YEAR-ROUND TEACHING ARTISTS (All arts disciplines)
BlackRock Center for the Arts engages the community to explore, experience and celebrate the arts. BlackRock is currently seeking talented, motivated and experienced teaching artists for a variety of art classes for students of all ages.
Major Purpose of this Job: BlackRock teaching artists demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of curriculum in the subject field and are able to generate enthusiasm for artistic learning and positive professional relationships with students.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred
- Extensive experience in one or more artistic genres
- Two or more years’ experience teaching one or more genres of dance, theater, music/instrumental instruction and/or visual art
- Prove the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and adaptable
- Very strong classroom management skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with strong problem-solving experience
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Katie Hecklinger, Director of Education at email@example.com. Please specify in your cover letter your experience in the different artistic disciplines and number of years you have been teaching. Please also include the age range you are most comfortable teaching (i.e. Pre-K, Elementary, Middle, High School or Adult). NO CALLS PLEASE. BlackRock is an equal opportunity employer.
There are no internship opportunities at this time.