YEAR-ROUND TEACHING ARTISTS (All arts disciplines)
Overview of the Position:
BlackRock Center for the Arts engages the community to explore, experience and celebrate the arts. BlackRock is currently seeking talented, motivated and experienced teaching artists for a variety of art classes for students of all ages. BlackRock teaching artists demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of curriculum in the subject field and are able to generate enthusiasm for artistic learning and positive professional relationships with students.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school degree or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred
- Extensive experience in one or more artistic genres
- Two or more years’ experience teaching one or more genres of dance, theater, music/instrumental instruction and/or visual art
- Prove the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and adaptable
- Very strong classroom management skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with strong problem-solving experience
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to Katie Hecklinger, Director of Education at email@example.com. Please specify in your cover letter your experience in the different artistic disciplines and number of years you have been teaching. Please also include the age range you are most comfortable teaching (i.e. Pre-K, Elementary, Middle, High School or Adult). NO CALLS PLEASE.
There are no internship opportunities at this time.
BlackRock Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation and ethnicity. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusiveness. We are proud of our richly diverse community.