Light up Germantown with Songs and a Holiday Tree Lighting!
Come down to BlackRock on Wednesday, December 4 from 6-8 PM for a FREE special holiday celebration. Warm up with hot chocolate, enjoy holiday cookies and craft a unique snowflake to turn the streets of Germantown into a winter wonderland.
Local students will take the grand staircase at 7 PM to lead us in song from: Seneca Valley High School, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School, and Great Seneca Creek Elementary School.
How to Make Paper Snowflakes
They’re fun and easy to do!
What You Need:
Paper (make sure it is square).
Scissors (and some adult help for the little ones)
What You Do:
1. Get a square piece of paper or trim a piece of paper so that it is square.
2. Fold your square in half diagonally (have a look at the picture below).
3. Fold your triangle in half – again diagonally (look at the picture below).
4. Fold paper in thirds … one side to the front, the other to the back.
5. Trim the extra piece of paper off the end of your small triangle.
6. Around the outside of your triangle, cut some fun designs — circles, squares, triangles, squiggles … anything goes.
7. Unfold your paper and look at your masterpiece. Voila! A snowflake.
Brought to you by: