Payment & Refund Policy
Course tuition must be made in full prior to the class start date. All sales are final and are not refundable or transferable. Make-up sessions will be offered should the instructor need to cancel a class. Account credits may be applied for course payment.
Welcome to BlackRock’s Online Classes! Teacher’s will be using their Zoom accounts to bring you this summer’s education programming. We would like to remind parents and guardians that students will be on a live video conference that may be recorded. Please read through the following guidelines so we can maintain a safe experience for all participants.
- You will be sent a link to join the Zoom class. You will NOT need to set up a Zoom account or input any information except for the student’s first name and last initial. Please go to www.zoom.us for more information about the system.
- The class session will be live and interactive. Please make sure your student is in a quiet place where you can monitor the class session. Please remember that everything within the camera viewing area will be visible to the teacher and other students.
- Sounds and voices can be captured by your computer’s microphone and heard by others in the Zoom session. Teachers will mute participants for portions of the session but may unmute participants during discussions or to hear questions.
- Participants may hear and see anything within the audio and camera viewing areas. Please make all household members aware of this and consider turning the computer monitor toward a wall to help control the area.
Please review our Participant Code of Conduct and discuss responsible and appropriate behavioral expectations so that everyone can have a safe and fun learning experience.
Participant Code of Conduct
- Sharing Zoom meeting links and passwords is strictly prohibited.
- Personally recording any BlackRock class session is prohibited.
- Only registered participants are permitted to watch/participate in the sessions.
- Monitor any background activity in the participant’s camera viewing field that may become visible to the teacher and other students.
- Participant user names should not be inappropriate, offensive, or vulgar in nature and must include clearly identifiable information about the registered participant, such as first and/or last name.
- Background images may be used, if desired, but cannot be inappropriate, offensive, or vulgar in nature and must not pose as a distraction to others in class. Teachers reserve the right to disable a participant’s video, if deemed necessary.
- Zoom chats unrelated to the lesson are distracting to both the teacher and class, therefore use the Zoom chat feature only for texts relating to the lesson. Teachers reserve the right to disable all chat functionality, if deemed necessary.
All participants must abide by the Participant Code of Conduct as outline above. Should a participant not be in compliance with the Participant Code of Conduct, BlackRock instructors should report the issues to the parent/guardian, the appropriate facility if applicable, and an Incident Report should be filled out. Failure to follow these rules may result in denial of class participation.
Video & Photography Policy
BlackRock reserves the right to use photographs and video taken in class and/or their work for the purpose of instruction, and/or advertising and promotion of BlackRock and its programs, including social media. Participants will not receive compensation of any kind for use of these images. Participants release and hold harmless BlackRock Center for the Arts, its officers, and employees from any claims. If you do not agree you must notify the Director of Education in writing prior to registration.
Register online or call for assistance Monday through Friday from 10 am - 6 pm: