Technical and Crew (Part Time)
We are accepting technical and crew applicants for flexible ongoing yearly over hire needs in our multi-purpose facility. We seek able bodied candidates who can offer support in lighting (design/programming/execution), sound (design/programming/ execution), and general operational needs (event setup/oversight/strike). Applicants who seek additional hours may also choose to be trained for other organizational support (front desk/box office). Compensation ranges between $12.50 - $18/hour with increases offered for tenure and skilled responsibility. BlackRock is a short 10 minute Route 100 Ride On trip from the Shady Grove Metro and has ample parking onsite. No calls, please.
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT POSTINGS
Year-Round Teaching Artists (All arts disciplines)
BlackRock Center for the Arts engages the community to explore, experience and celebrate the arts. BlackRock is currently seeking talented, motivated and experienced teaching artists for a variety of art classes for students of all ages.
MAJOR PURPOSE OF THIS JOB:
BlackRock teaching artists demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of curriculum in the subject field and are able to generate enthusiasm for artistic learning and positive professional relationships with students.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school degree or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred
- Extensive experience in one or more artistic genres
- Two or more years’ experience teaching one or more genres of dance, theater, music/instrumental instruction and/or visual art
- Prove the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and adaptable
- Very strong classroom management skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with strong problem-solving experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to Katie Hecklinger, Director of Education at email@example.com. Please specify in your cover letter your experience in the different artistic disciplines and number of years you have been teaching. Please also include the age range you are most comfortable teaching (i.e. Pre-K, Elementary, Middle, High School or Adult). NO CALLS PLEASE. BlackRock is an equal opportunity employer.
Internships at BlackRock Center for the Arts
The BlackRock internship program is designed to provide meaningful learning opportunities and on-the-job experience to college juniors/seniors, graduate students and recent college graduates with an interest in the performing arts and/or arts administration. Summer interns work at BlackRock 20 hours per week during Spring (March- May), Summer (June-August), Fall (September-November) and Winter (December-February).
The BlackRock internship program is made up of two components:
1.) 50% PROJECT BASED: Each intern will complete a project of his/her choice. The chosen project must adhere to the following guidelines. The project must:
- have a focus or be a subject of interest to the intern or applicable to their major/area of expertise;
- provide a resource or service to BlackRock Center; and, once completed, be a tangible piece to be used in a portfolio when job-seeking or interviewing.
Interns will be assigned a project mentor, and have access to high-level staff on an ongoing basis for consultation and support on the project. Interns will present his/her project to the full staff upon completion.
2.) 50% DEPARTMENTAL SUPPORT: In addition to the selected project, interns will provide departmental office support to one of the following departments:
- Fundraising & Events
- Finance & Administration
- Marketing & Communications
- Education & Outreach
- Facilities & Technology
Upon completion of an internship, BlackRock interns will earn two complimentary tickets to one show in the following season. Successful interns will receive a letter of recommendation from a senior level staff member of BlackRock Center. If applicable, some interns may receive college credit for the internship.
How to Apply:
Please send the following materials:
- Cover letter - please describe a project that you plan to work on and the department you wish to support during your internship.
- Updated resume
- Three references (professional or educational)
Submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line "Internship").
Mission and Objectives: BlackRock Center for the Arts exists to inspire the community to explore, experience, engage and excite through the arts. In its active pursuit to make the arts central to the lives of local residents, BlackRock is committed to providing quality programs that develop lifelong participants in the arts. BlackRock Center for the Arts builds community through and for the arts.