You’re invited to
BlackRock Center for the Art’s
ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE
Saturday, August 27, 2016
from 10 AM – 1 PM.
It’s FREE and perfect for ALL AGES!
At the Open House you will get a taste of all BlackRock has to offer, including sample art classes, a preview of performers coming to BlackRock and gallery exhibits on display. During the Open House the Art League of Germantown will host a Fine Arts and Crafts sale on the BlackRock lawn.
The schedule for this year’s Open House includes:
- A ‘Discover BlackRock’ scavenger hunt will take kids throughout the beautiful facility with guiding clues that will include various sample arts classes that explore the arts with a prize at the end of their journey.
- Music, games and face painting!
- Art exhibits in the two BlackRock galleries.
- Focus on photography with Alexandra Silverthorne and D. B. Stovall as they lead Artists’ Talks and Demonstrations of old-school film cameras, including a large format view camera and processes used to create images in the exhibits in The Kay Gallery
- Hands-on art participation with artist Chee-Keong Kung. The artist describes his process in an Artist Talk, then works with patrons to create a Community Painting with the same tools and materials used in paintings for his “Line/Edges” exhibit in the Terrace Gallery.
- Meet local artists from the Art League of Germantown who will offer demonstrations and displays of fine art and craft techniques in a wide variety of media under tents on the lawn in front of BlackRock (weather permitting, if it rains this will be moved into the Studio Theater).
- A dynamic presentation that gives people a tour of the coming performance season and all that BlackRock has to offer the community.
Here are some images from our 2015 Open House!